1. Doty MM, Horstman C, Shah A, Ayo-Vaughan M, Zephyrin L. How discrimination in health care affects older Americans, and what health systems and providers can do. How Discrimination in Health Care Affects Older Americans | Commonwealth Fund. https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2022/apr/how-discrimination-in-health-care-affects-older-americans#6. Published April 21, 2022. Accessed June 24, 2022.
2. Pregnancy mortality surveillance system. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternal-mortality/pregnancy-mortality-surveillance-system.htm?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Freproductivehealth%2Fmaternalinfanthealth%2Fpregnancy-mortality-surveillance-system.htm. Published June 22, 2022. Accessed June 27, 2022.
3. Lee K, Ferry A, Anand A, et al. Sex-Specific Thresholds of High-Sensitivity Troponin in Patients With Suspected Acute Coronary Syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019 Oct, 74 (16) 2032–2043.
4. Casey LS, Reisner SL, Findling MG, et al. Discrimination in the United States: Experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Americans. Health Serv Res. 2019;54 Suppl 2(Suppl 2):1454-1466. doi:10.1111/1475-6773.13229
5. Rogers, S.E., Thrasher, A.D., Miao, Y. et al. Discrimination in Healthcare Settings is Associated with Disability in Older Adults: Health and Retirement Study, 2008–2012. J GEN INTERN MED 30, 1413–1420 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-015-3233-6
6. Hoffman KM, Trawalter S, Axt JR, Oliver MN. Racial bias in pain assessment and treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences between Blacks and Whites. Fiske ST, ed. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). 2016;113(16). https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.1516047113. Accessed June 24, 2022.
7. Addie L. Fortmann, Kimberly L. Savin, Taylor L. Clark, Athena Philis-Tsimikas, Linda C. Gallo; Innovative Diabetes Interventions in the U.S. Hispanic Population. Diabetes Spectr 1 November 2019; 32 (4): 295–301. https://doi.org/10.2337/ds19-0006
8. Zhang X, Carabello M, Hill T, Bell SA, Stephenson R, Mahajan P. Trends of Racial/Ethnic Differences in Emergency Department Care Outcomes Among Adults in the United States From 2005 to 2016. Front Med (Lausanne). 2020;7:300. Published 2020 Jun 25. doi:10.3389/fmed.2020.00300